Monday, March 8, 2010

Only Almost a Month Late

Hey. So this post was supposed to be written on Feb. 14. However, being the huge slacker I am, it's just been sitting in my brain for almost a month.

ANYWAY...

Valentine's Day.

I have a love/hate relationship with Valentine's Day. I love it because I love love. I love the idea of being in love. I love brotherly love. I love romantic movies, watching cute couples, showing love to my friends and family. Really, I love love. But I also kind of hate Valentine's Day because there are so many people who don't like the holiday and try to make it "Singles Awareness Day," and instead of alieviating the singleness issue, seem to highlight it. Like I don't struggle with those depressing thoughts enough already. Sometimes I actually hate cute couples instead of liking them like previously stated. (If you're new, which I don't think many are, I am single. And have been for 23 years as of the 19th of this month. (But, really I guess less than that because, honestly, who dates when the are 2?))

Well, let me tell you what I did this Valentine's Day. I took communion. Three times.

First at the church where I was speaking about camp (something that I love).
Next, at a retirement community where my mom was telling Bible stories for their evening worship. (Being with my family is something I love).
And finally at a Candlelight service for the Greater Cincinnati Young Men's Chrysalis. (A program that I have been involved in for many years and have come to love, and love all the people involved with it).

Communion. Three times.

Communion for me reminds me of the greatest sacrifice ever made. The fact that the Creator of the Universe loves me to make that kind of sacrifice.... It floored me this Valentine's Day.

And in the light of that LOVE, why would I worry about being single?

I wouldn't.

And it was a great day.



I know it's belated, but: Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment