Sunday, February 22, 2009

"But I want to be real
I want to find out who I am
And I will find my way to heal
And I will find my voice my stand"

- From the song Real by Superchic[k]


I love when I listen to a CD that I haven't listened to for a really long time and then it speaks to me in new ways. I had a really kind of blah week last week but after a meeting Thursday, an amazing conversation with a friend from home on Friday night, hanging out with my lil bro (more on that tomorrow hopefully :), an overnight at home and listening to this CD I feel like I've moved to an entirely new place.

The chorus above pretty much sums up my life at this moment. I long to be real and I defintely want to find out who I am. Over the past year I feel like I have a lot of healing to do, but am currently still struggling to find the way to do that but I know that it will all lead to me finding my voice and where I stand. That's a lot for four little lines to be saying, but I feel like it's all so true for me in this moment.

I'm not sure if it's my upcoming birthday or being on the brink of graduation, but I do indeed believe that I'm comming up on a huge new and exciting phase of life but am totally aware it's gonna be tough. Who knows maybe it'll be great too.

In other news I got a free t-shirt and a sweet new book for $4 on clearance this weekend. What couldn't be great about that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment